Okay, so I haven’t taken a photograph of the number on my scale to share with you yet. There’s just a little bit of embarrassment and shame in doing such an act so I’m working up the nerve. Are you wondering why would I share my weight anyway? For me, it has a higher level of accountability attached when I’m reporting my actual weight to you.
So, what have I been doing the past 2 weeks?
Week 1 – felt very guilty about weighing as much as I do
– began praying and asking God’s help in getting healthy
– began visiting our local gym
Week 2 – Announced to the world (well, the Facebook world anyway) that I’m making a commitment to get healthy
– Stopped eating after 7:30 p.m. – no exceptions. Even if I’m late fixing dinner, if it’s not consumed by 7:30, I don’t eat.
– Revived my http://www.myfitnesspal.com account (only started logging food and exercise today but I’ll get better)
– I’m walking on the treadmill 20 minutes, and the elliptical for 10 minutes 3 days a week at our gym
– I’m swimming 45 minutes to an hour 2 days per week
– I’m not cutting out any food whatsoever – just watching my portions and not going back for seconds
Results – My legs feel so much stronger
– I’m not out of breath as much
– My jeans aren’t cutting me in half when I bend over (or heck, even when I’m standing straight up!)
– I’m sleeping much better
– I cannot explain how much more energy I have
Ready for the measurable results???
I’ve lost 9.2 pounds in the past 2 weeks!
So, next week……. I’m making my weigh-in day on Tuesdays so there will be consistency. Next Tuesday, I will take a photography *GULP* of the actual scale and the actual number. Please don’t judge – I don’t want to be this heavy. I’m making changes. I’m trying. Your encouragement is priceless. Your criticism is not needed and it really does cut me deep. I take it very personally. It takes a lot of nerve to put yourself out there like this…